Advertisement

Chickening out of antibiotics - Kalhari Goonewardene - University of Saskatchewan

Chickening out of antibiotics - Kalhari Goonewardene - University of Saskatchewan I’m Kalhari, a PhD candidate at the department of veterinary pathology, Western College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Saskatchewan. I graduated as a veterinarian from University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka. I’m passionate about food animal and public health and believe that veterinarians play a bigger role in ensuring public health through their actions. My research has allowed me to develop an alternative to antibiotics for the poultry industry through immunological and multidisciplinary research. I aspire to begin post-doctoral research soon and continue the passion for research in immunology, food animal and public health in future.

antibiotic alternative,chickens,synthetic DNA,bacterial infections,innate immunity,

Post a Comment

0 Comments