Advertisement

Repotting my Zygopetalum Orchid - How to handle an Orchid you don't know much about?

Repotting my Zygopetalum Orchid - How to handle an Orchid you don't know much about? Today we gather up some courage and repot the Zygopetalum orchid which I just purchased!
🦋 More info below! 🦋

I got this orchid in my recent orchid haul, watch it here

There seems to be quite the confusion about these orchids, which is a great excuse to show you how I determine how to treat an orchid, what to pot it in and so on.

First off, let's trace back the actual species which were crossed to obtain our orchid. I like to use this website

Once we find out the species we can learn more about them using this website

In the end we can make a resume of everything that was crossed together and combine it what we see with our orchid. No aerial roots? maybe we shouldn't use a very airy medium. Terrestrial mix it is!

Products I used:
Orchiata bark and Sphagnum Moss from Besgrow (search on Amazon or Ebay in your territory as they differ)
rePotme shells

#MissOrchidGirl #Orchids

Music:
Ikson - Up Here

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
🌸 Like my channel and want to help it grow? Consider getting some official merch!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
🌸 Want to send me something? Here's my address!
Orchid Nature
P.O. BOX 29002, CY-1620, Nicosia, Cyprus
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
🌸 My environment:
Subtropical climate, hot summers and mild winters
60-90% humidity, always breezy
Growth space is kept at min 17C and max 29C
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
🌸 What I use in my Grow Room:

Media:
LECA - Pokon or IKEA
Various organic mixes from rePotme
Sphagnum Moss - Spagmoss from Besgrow or

Fertilizer and supplements:
MSU Orchid fertilizer for osmosis / rain water
Orchid Focus Bloom (when I need something low in N)

Pots, containers, baskets:
DIY self watering pots and masks from local flower shops
Lechuza self watering pots
Wooden Vanda baskets
Slotted pots from rePotme

Lighting:
LED shop panels from Leroy Merlin, 4000k
Tertial lamps from IKEA + 4000k LED bulbs (various brands)
Orvibo WiFi Smart Plugs

Shelf units:
Shirley's Simple Shelving
Lerberg and Mulig from IKEA
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
🌸 See my video playlists!

orchid care,orchids,house plants,missorchidgirl,plant,zygopetalum,repotting orchid,

Post a Comment

0 Comments