Advertisement

[5.21] Thought Forms & Energy Patterns

[5.21] Thought Forms & Energy Patterns This week's topic: from Phil Christophers - Thought Forms
-------------------------------------------------------
“ Hi been watching for a long time My questions would be on thought forms their construction care and feeding what is the pagan perspective on thought forms good or bad? ”

~

Links to learn more:

Wiki article on the book "Thought-Forms: A Record of Clairvoyant Investigation" by Annie Besant and C. W. Leadbeater. Shows illustrations of various forms, and the way they use shape and color.


"The Power of Thoughtforms" by Rachel Goodwin

Compares thoughtforms to computer programs or sub-routines, and mentions how these energetic patterns may begin with a single, intense, "activating event" like a traumatic occurrence, or be created over many years with consistent repetition of the energy.

A few Patheos articles related to thought-forms --

"If Thought Forms Exist, What Can We Do About Them?" by Gus DiZerega (2013) This article is actually the third on this topic, and links to the previous two posts by the author that relate to this topic. This article includes a magickal practice you can try, as well as basic information on the subject.


"The Magick of Affirmations" by Mat Auryn (2018) Focuses on affirmations and their relationship to thought-forms and conditioning--the way that affirmations can help us change the energetic patterns that we have been conditioned with, to improve our lives.


"Magical Practices and Techniques – Thought-forms" by Morrigan Odin (2017). Mentions the necessity of dispersing the thought-form, if you purposely created it, when it has accomplished the task you created it to do.


Thought forms are also mentioned in the new (2019) book "Witchcraft Activism: A Toolkit for Magical Resistance" by David Salisbury, which I recently made a video about on my personal channel. In the book the author describes creating thought forms for help in magickal workings, and also the importance of destroying them when their work is done. Several methods are shared, as well. My video review does not talk much about thought forms as it is only one section of the book, but you can watch my video here:


~

I hope that I conveyed my thoughts clearly in the latter portion of the video. It's really a big difference for me, between "just being negative", and talking about negative things that already exist in the world (not only Anxiety/Depression and other mental health concerns, but overall issues like racism, sexism, ageism, transphobia, and more) in order to heal them and improve the situation. I believe we must talk about these things in order to change them.

You may have also noticed me correcting my own language in this video, and other videos in the past, so that's a great example of what I was talking about, with catching ourselves thinking or saying things that we don't actually agree with, and making that change right away. Like in this video when I said "option", and then said no, that isn't right, and re-worded my sentence. I have said things incorrectly before and had people correct me, and when I apologized for getting it "wrong", they said it's bound to happen when we're changing old habits like that, but what's important is catching it and making that change right away so that we build the new habits, and thought patterns, that we want.

Thanks for watching/listening!

---

This video was made by Cara (CAR-uh) [she/they].
My personal channel:

The collab blog/list of past topics/FAQs:


---

cutewitch772,paganperspective,pagan collab,thought forms,consciousness,energy work,energy patterns,energy clearing,

Post a Comment

0 Comments