Advertisement

Ys I Chronicles Speedrun - Nightmare - 48:11

Ys I Chronicles Speedrun - Nightmare - 48:11 This is a speedrun of Ys I Chronicles, played on the Nightmare difficulty. Playing on Nightmare, I found it quite difficult to get a "good" run going (it's called "Nightmare" for a reason =p), but I'm overall happy with this one, despite the deaths (which, thankfully, didn't cost me too much time) and other dumb mistakes.

Not sure on some of the route choices, specifically getting the Power Ring, which was mostly obtained to make the mantis grinding faster. Grinding on them is pretty dangerous, especially without the Timer Ring equipped, as they're more likely to wander away randomly due to Nightmare's higher enemy movement speed. I still think it's the best place to grind, despite it being quite dangerous for Nightmare.

One thing I could improve, but do not feel comfortable doing yet, is not getting the Battle Shield - just playing Darm Tower with all Silver equipment re-obtained. The primary issue is, of course, Yogleks & Omulgun, who I already feel uncomfortable fighting with just one of the Battle equipment. To think the previous WR did it with all Silver equipment, and no saving throughout the whole run... It's worth a watch, if you haven't already:



I'm not sure, but I expect at least a minute can come off this time still. Probably more. For now, I've no immediate plans to improve this, but perhaps sometime in the future.

ys,ys i,ancient,vanished,omen,eternal,complete,chronicles,speedrun,nightmare,falcom,

Post a Comment

0 Comments