Advertisement

Is It WRONG to Tape Snare Wires?

Is It WRONG to Tape Snare Wires? Is it dumb to tape your snares….or is it actually brilliant? Let’s find out. We’ll talk about WHY this is even a topic worth thinking about, and we’ll test various amounts of tape on the snare to see what happens. Here’s the cool thing… You can drastically alter the sound of your snare when you use tape on the underside. If you need a funk snare sound or a Motown snare sound - or any super dry snare sound - this just might get you in the ballpark. Getting the right sounds is a huge part of being a drummer in the real world, so this is most definitely a topic worth thoroughly discussing. Whether or not tons of tape is the way to go… we’ll find out in the video. I hope you enjoy, and I hope you grab your roll of gaff tape and test this out on your drum!

Get the FREE E-Book! The Shortcut to Rapidly Increasing Your Skill Level on the Drums


I hope you enjoyed the video! If you’re new to the channel, be sure to click the SUBSCRIBE button before you go!

Check out all the FREE E-books on the website:
thenonglamorousdrummer.com/free-stuff

Follow me on Instagram!


Contact me here at my email! I’m not always able to reply to comments on YouTube, but I’ll always reply to any question you send to my email. I look forward to hearing from you!
stephen@thenonglamorousdrummer.com

drums,drumming,drummer,drum,music,play,learn,practice,lessons,videos,how to,better,stephen clark,stephen,clark,steven,the non glamorous drummer,non,glamorous,drumset,drumkit,set,kit,tape,snare,wires,throw off,throwoff,gaff tape,underside,snare side,taping,dry,motown,funk,funky,tight,crisp,snare sound,sound,motown snare,acrolite,tune,tuning,

Post a Comment

0 Comments