Advertisement

Cloth Physics Comparison - Spring Bones Vs Unity Cloth

Cloth Physics Comparison - Spring Bones Vs Unity Cloth I have spent days trying to get cloth physics to work well on my character using Spring Bones, tackling a number of issues discussed in previous videos.
I also considered switching to the Cloth system that comes with Unity which I read is very easy to setup.
Here is a comparison between the two and I am glad that my efforts paid off. The cloth appear to be more flowy as I'd like it to be when using Spring Bones. As for Unity's Cloth system, increasing the damping does help to make the cloth look lighter during the attack sequence. But it does not look as good for the run cycle in my opinion.

How I fixed some issues that I've been tackling for days:
Spring Bones for Cloth Physics - Issues FIXED With Colliders • Animation • Root Motion


To find out more about Spring bones, check out my previous video:
Spring Bones in Unity (Bouncing Hair) [2/2]


#clothphysics #unity #animation #gamedevelopment #gamecharacter #game #rootmotion #collision #springbone #cloth

Unity,Cloth Physics,Unity3d,Spring Bones,UTS2,Game,Game development,Cloth,Character,Animation,Run cycle,

Post a Comment

0 Comments