Advertisement

Re-Enamelled!: 1914 Basin and Bath with 40s Shanks Venetian LL DT Syphonic

Re-Enamelled!: 1914 Basin and Bath with 40s Shanks Venetian LL DT Syphonic Back in a certain hotel again, and unfortunately yet again I had a washdown in my room (Shires Adelphi) that I didn't bother filming (Again gotta take risks to find more syphonics)

However, I was snooping about the hotel and noticed the door to this room (which I have stayed in twice before) was ajar, I couldn't help myself to have a peek in to make sure it was still here, and as you can see I was in for a surprise! The reason the door had been left ajar is because they've re-enamelled the basin and bath! I am very pleased about this because I was very worried they'd get replaced due to the sorry state the basin was in before, it is so bleedin nice to see somewhere actually care and restore old sanitary ware instead of just ripping it out and installing ugly boring modern fixtures. As you can see the enamel is very fresh and possibly still wet (note the paper thats been stuffed into the bath tap).

Now for the not so good news, the Shanks Venetian has started to leak due to one of the bolts that hold the syphon down snapping, but still flushes well as you can see. I have high hopes they will mend the syphon seeing as they mended the one in the 'New Venetian' I filmed last and put new bolts on it!

Also sorry for the rushed shoot, clearly I wasn't supposed to be in here

toilet,sanitary,ware,bathroom,vintage,plumbing,loo,lavatory,flush,flushing,shanks,venetian,syphonic,

Post a Comment

0 Comments