Advertisement

Solely Me (Barbershop Song) - A Cappella

Solely Me (Barbershop Song) - A Cappella Try the interactive tutorial, or download the sheet music here:



I got permission from Logan and the original song can be found here (I hope I didn't butcher your song too badly!):







I DID NOT WRITE THE SONG



I was browsing Musescore when I came upon Logan Williams' Solely Me. While the song was already in acappella and was for TTBB, I could not help but arrange in the (not so) good ol' barbershop style (which means throwing in as many dominant sevenths as possible). The very ending of the song is evidence of these changes (including the barbershop tag with the bass and tenor posting).



This was quite enjoyable because the song is not repetitive and the melody switches from voice part to voice part so everyone gets the spotlight. I didn't fuss about with the dynamics though. I also enjoy the story this song tells using all four parts.



Some changes I made include adding different harmonies, making sure there was doubling up from the voice parts, slapping in the first part again, and minimising parts where it's just one part singing/harmonising.



Hope you enjoy!

Solely Me,Solely,Me,Barbershop,TTBB,Acappella,Solely Me (Barbershop Version),piano tutorial,Solely Me (Barbershop Version) piano tutorial,synthesia,

Post a Comment

0 Comments