Advertisement

Aquarium Sumps - Best Large Tank Filtration - My Sump Components - EVERY PART!

Aquarium Sumps - Best Large Tank Filtration - My Sump Components - EVERY PART! Are sumps the king of aquarium filters? When you search out tanks containing thousands of dollars worth of corals and salt water fish what do we see? Sumps!
When you consider flexibility, added water volume, media capacity and water movement, nothing really comes close.
My sump adds 30 - 40 gallons to my system and I would need 10 FX-6s to handle the amount of media it holds, and that's without coming close to the total capacity!
Here is a part-by-part look at my sump. It's not the only way to set one up. It's just how mine has evolved coming from the components I had to start with. There are many other workable sump configurations out there. Some very nice pre-made systems, some custom sump builders and I've even seen some very impressive DIY sumps.
Are you running a sump? Do you have questions about using a system like this to filter your tank? Post your questions and comments below and I’ll try to get respond to as many as I can.
Don't forget to rate, share and sub if you haven't already and certainly hit that bell so you get notifications when there’s new content.
Come by on most Saturday's at 10AM (Pacific time) for the Coffee and Cichlids live stream. I answer your questions, give stuff away and other fun fish stuff.
Follow on Instagram at: ben.o.cichlid
Come join a friendly and helpful Facebook group at: Ben O'Cichlid. Cichlid is in the name but all fish keepers are welcome (don't forget to answer the questions or the group admins will not let you in).
Never forget:
1. We all learn from each other
2. YOU ROCK!

sump,sump aquarium filter,aquarium filter,canister filter,hob filter,tropical fish,monster fish,predator haps,peacock cichlids,African Cichlids,cichlid,fresh water fish,fresh water fish tank,show tank,Ben Ochart,ben.o.cichlid,Ben O'Cichlid,aquarium filter media,sponge filter,bio balls,biohome,matten sponge,brightwell,rio pump,ATO,Santa Monica Filtration,algae scrubber,

Post a Comment

0 Comments